IT Support Engineer
- New York, NY
As an IT Support Engineer, you’ll work closely with all members of the Hinge team, as well as the Match Group IT team to ensure Hinge employees have the best resources available to do their work. This role is the first of its kind at Hinge, and has an opportunity to make a real impact on employees and customers lives for years to come.
The IT Support Engineer will diagnose and resolve workstation problems with hardware, software, and network issues, as well as look for and recommend updates to streamline processes. You will assist with projects as assigned, including deploying system software, configuration changes, etc.
What you'll do
- Provision, install, and configure user laptops and phones provided by Hinge for existing employees and new hires
- Troubleshoot problems with fleet of laptops. We are mostly a Mac shop, but more of our users are using Windows as we grow
- Purchase laptops and procure new equipment for the office and Hinge employees as we grow
- Manage the office network infrastructure
- Replace the legacy WiFi with a newer more secure version
- Video conferencing equipment
- Meeting management system (JOAN)
- Manage VPN software on the laptops and work with the Security team for access rights
- Write scripts to implement Jamf management
- Some Bash
- Some Python (not a requirement)
- Manage asset inventory
- Clearly document user issue history for tracking, reporting, and knowledge-base creation in our internal document store
- Work closely with our parent company to implement best-practices and help us grow into a larger company
What you’ll be working with
- Google GSuite
- Mac OS
- Pritunl VPN
- Apple DEP
- WiFi network management
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with a provisioning tool like Jamf
- Experience with Google’s GSuite Admin
- Mac OS troubleshooting
- Windows troubleshooting (minimal but our parent company uses it)
- Small-medium sized network management (specifically WiFi)
- 2-3 years working with Google GSuite
- 3-5 years corporate experience in technical support
- 2-3 years experience working on office network infrastructure
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top