Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented attorney to join the Match Group Business Affairs and Legal team. This position will be based in either the New York City or Dallas, Texas offices and will provide day-to-day legal support to our Hinge, OkCupid, Match.com and Plenty of Fish brands across the globe with a focus on North America.
POSITION FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Draft and negotiate various commercial agreements, including SaaS, licensing, technology, advertising, production, media, content, development, consulting and other operational and vendor agreements.
- Collaborate with brands to identify shared services business needs and opportunities and structure and negotiate customized agreement solutions to support the entire Match Group portfolio of brands.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal teams to identify and achieve desired business outcomes while minimizing legal risk, including advice on new product features.
- Assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- Provide other legal counsel and support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in New York, Texas or California.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, with top law firm and in-house legal department experience preferred.
- Experience with data protection, privacy, intellectual property, digital media and consumer-facing and internet industries.
- Excellent business communication and analytical skills, as well as an impeccable attention to detail and strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrate a naturally business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and be able to effectively provide clear and concise practical advice as well as creative solutions.
- Strategic thinker able to quickly gain the respect and trust of business team members and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Curious and possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as practical-minded legal partner to business teams.
- Thrive in new and potentially uncomfortable situations and be able to simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and professional ease in working collaboratively with other members of the Legal Department and internal clients.
Match Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
ABOUT MATCH GROUP:
Match Group, through its portfolio of companies, is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands includes Tinder®, Match®, Meetic®, OkCupid®, Hinge®, Pairs™, PlentyOfFish®, and OurTime®, as well as a number of other brands, each designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection. Through our portfolio companies and their trusted brands, we provide tailored products to meet the varying preferences of our users. Our products are available in over 40 languages to our users all over the world.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.