Hinge is looking for software engineers to join the Backend team. As the newest member of the backend team, we are looking for someone to help us design and build the next generation of high-performance APIs and backend services in Go. You will be on a cross-disciplinary team including other backend engineers, mobile engineers, product managers, and designers where you will lead development of new features and improve the quality and reliability of our services.
We Have Positions Available In The Following Groups:
- Growth: All things revenue and new user retention. Your work will have tangible impact to the company while adhering to our revenue principle: “If a feature would help all members, keep it free” and our brand promise: “Designed to Be Deleted” -- we care about new user retention because we want to make it easy for people to find meaningful connection. We aren’t trying to keep people addicted over time.
- Community: Help us protect our users and their privacy. Community removes and prevents bad actors (users who scam or harass other users, or otherwise violate our terms of service), serves and attracts good users, and protects our users’ privacy and legal rights.
- Experience: Tackle the big problems that users experience with online dating and improve the core Hinge experience. Help millions of users go on great dates and get off Hinge.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build features.
- Design and build backend systems with an emphasis on quality and scalability.
- Own complex projects end-to-end and effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Work in a cloud native tech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Go web services, Postgres, Redis, Kafka.
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy and technical direction.
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager
What We’re Looking For:
- You have 2+ years of experience in software development building APIs at scale -- we are hiring at a variety of levels
- You have experience working in distributed production systems
- You have worked with at least one message or event based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) and you can talk in-depth about how to use it
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- Prior knowledge of Go preferred but not required
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.