Guest Room Attendant - (PT)
The Room Attendant is responsible for the overall cleanliness of all guestrooms that they are assigned to clean.
The Room Attendant - AM will report directly to the Director of Housekeeping / Housekeeping Managers
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
1. Guest Room Cleanliness and Tidiness:
- Ensure occupied and vacant guestrooms are cleaned and maintained up to the exact standard as demonstrated by Housekeeping supervisory staff during initial training.
- If guest is utilizing any additional bedding (rollaway) ensure that there is ample linen and amenities.
- Remove all soiled linens and towels from room and store on back landings.
- Inspect all guestroom fresh linens for cleanliness and sub standard appearance.
- Thoroughly clean guest bathrooms, bathroom walls, bathtub, shower staff, water closet using the suggested chemicals. After cleaning, dry all areas, fixtures and surfaces, ensuring no water mark/spots.
- Arrange all toiletries straightened on a piece of cloth in occupied guestrooms.
- Replenish all amenities and terry items.
- Efficiently make bed to meet appearance standard as demonstrated.
- Arrange all clothing items in occupied guestrooms are folded neatly and pair guest shoes according to standards as demonstrated.
- Upkeep guestroom and bathroom to include all inside windows and mirrors.
- Remove all in room dining trays from guestroom hallways and/or corridor to be brought to back landings and call for pick up.
- Remove any used glasses or in room dining soiled plates + cutlery from the room. Ensure reporting of replacement as necessary from respective departments.
- Ensure waste baskets empty and clean.
- Vacuum the guestroom's carpet and wipe down furniture and baseboards according to standard in all assigned work areas.
- Ensure entry floor area is free of debris and clean in appearance.
- Double check cleanliness of completed work area and placement of amenities in each complete guestroom before moving on to the next task.
2. Guestroom equipment and facilities:
- Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub standard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Ensure that all electronic devices (television, remote controls, stereo, and telephones) are working properly .
3. Guest Requests Handling:
- Evaluate work assignment and prioritize work load according to guest requests.
- Ensure all guestrooms assigned are completed with correct status marked at the end of the day including any information for input into guest history file.
- Organize supply closets and work areas so that the Housekeeping Department operates, maintains and consistently meets efficient standards.
- Return all articles left by guest to Lost & Found and adhere to all Lost & Found policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Do Not Disturb policy.
• Possess a positive and outgoing personality
• Must possess good written and verbal command of the English Language
• Minimum of two years previous housekeeping experience as a room attendant
• Attention to detail is very important
• Professional appearance and grooming
• Luxury hotel experience is a plus!
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
Back to top