Director of Marketing - Arizona Biltmore Resort
- Phoenix, AZ
The Director of Marketing oversees all Marketing Planning & Execution strategies. Accountable for the development, management, execution, and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies to include, but not limited to: Positioning, Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Advertising, Collateral, and Content. All efforts should be focused on maximizing performance. Success measures include budget achievement, increasing topline revenue, optimizing expenses, and achieving channel/market share objectives.
As a member of the hotel's Executive Committee reporting directly to the General Manager, this role requires regular interaction with the hotel's Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, Director of Finance, Director of Food & Beverage, and Director of Spa. This position is a managerial role that is responsible for the hiring, development, and success of the on-property marketing team.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic marketing professional who thrives on creativity and strategic planning. This individual encompasses the following skillsets:
- Branding / Positioning
- Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy
- Storytelling from Data
- Ability to Engage Others / Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Agency Management
- Leadership & People Management
- Builds a close alignment with on-property, managed marketing, and brand marketing teams.
- Successfully develops and executes the strategic and tactical elements of the annual marketing plan and iterative commercial need.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Serves as a marketing evangelist - helping to educate property leaders and owners on marketing strategies, tactics, and results (both at a property and enterprise-level)
- A passion for learning and staying on the cutting edge of new digital strategies, trends and technologies. This may include attending related trade/business events, conferences and workshops.
- Highly adaptable to seasonality and shifting priorities
Marketing and eCommerce Planning & Strategy
- Branding & Positioning: Establishes all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies, understanding the impact to the hotel's business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards
- Plan & Budget: Develops strategic marketing plans and establish annual marketing budgets along with the General Manager, Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, Director of Food & Beverage, and Director of Spa. Marketing plans should be annual, monthly and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- B2B Sales & Catering Marketing Support: Collaborates with the Director of Sales to provide marketing support to all sales-impacted market segments, including but not limited to, BT (Business Transient) accounts, GDS, B2B Groups, and Luxury Consortia. Liaison with C&E (Catering & Events) Team to support menu design and B2B marketing efforts for local and group catering.
- On-Property Experiences: Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations.
- Market Research: conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and paid marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and product concepts.
- Content & Asset Strategy: Manages the strategic direction on all consumer-facing marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3 rd Party Sites, Digital & Print Advertising, On-Property & In-Room Collateral, and Sales Tools.
- Agency Management: Responsible for the agency vetting process, agency relationship/management, and ensuring agency alignment to the wider strategic plan and goals. Agencies may include a social media agency, creative agency, PR agency, and/or media buying agency.
- Reporting: Works with Revenue Management to utilize data to make strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance.
- Partnerships: Internal Partnerships: Works with and leverages internal corporate partners including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Regional Leaders, and the eCommerce Consulting Group (ECG).
- External Partnerships: Identifies partnership/sponsorship opportunities for joint outreach that align to the hotel's positioning.
Back to top