A Cook is responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards. Will also be responsible for preparing, maintaining and monitoring quality control for hot food items and for all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and all other food items prepared ont he hot line in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Has knowledge of and ability to work multiple kitchen functions to include grill, sauté, and pantry stations on the line. Creates appealing plate designs and maintains the quality of presentation for all food items.
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage and prepare guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen and ensure all plates are clean and appetizing
- Responsible for providing shift relief for breakfast, dinner, station and second cooks whenever necessary
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed