Wintel Support Engineer (Level II)
About Hewlett Packard
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients. For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and del
Wintel Support Engineer (Level II)
As a Windows Server Support engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and supporting some of the largest local and global clients, you will be working with the client’s server infrastructure (Windows Platform).
You will be exposed to a large number of technologies, from Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012, to Microsoft Clusters, large VMWare deployments, extensive Citrix server farms, Enterprise level backup solutions, monitoring tools, Software and Vulnerability Management Tools.
- Provide 2nd level support across multiple global distributed environments on varied platforms;
- Provide problem escalation to other groups where required;
- Deploy Windows operating systems, tools, and applications to a large number of servers, both physical and virtual;
- Deploy vulnerability patches and service packs using automated tools;
- Work proactively with use of monitoring tools to prevent outages;
- Maintain Problem/Change tickets as per HP Standards;
- Complete daily operations checklists as required;
- Plan, review, and/or implement Request For Changes;
ivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent
- At least one year of relevant work experience;
- Good level of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Great customer service skills;
- Availability to work rotational shift hours, including nights and weekends;
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
- IT certification (e.g. MCITP, MCSE, MCSA or MCP);
- Proven knowledge and competency of LAN/WAN protocols and services; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and WINS;
- Knowledge of Citrix and/or VMware ESX;
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes;
- Scripting skills (e.g. Powershell or VBScript).
What we offer:
- Comprehensive internal training;
- Ongoing training and access to a comprehensive list of educational resources;
- The opportunity to be part of one of the largest outsourcing organizations in the world and the chance to work with some of the largest corporate clients around, with some great technologies;
- Endless opportunities for career growth.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first : We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action : We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart : We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers You can also find us on: https://www.facebook.com/HPECareers https://twitter.com/HPE_Careers
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top