Web/Middleware Infrastructure Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
This is an exciting IT job based on engineering core web and middleware infrastructure solutions for application teams to develop on. Our current infrastructure platform stack consists of RHEL and CentOS systems running Apache, Tomcat and JBOSS. This job will focus on finding new ways to automate the deployment and management of these stacks as well as certification of new products as they are added to our catalogs. In addition to technology certification and automation another primary function of the job is to consult with application teams on how to align their development plans to our infrastructure offerings.
The team itself is a good mix of experienced and university hires. Our philosophy, “trabajamos duro y juegamos duro”. Initiative is the best skill you can have to be successful in this group. If you are looking for an opportunity to work on some of the largest deployment of web and middleware infrastructure in the world while working with a positive team who is more like family, you have found the right job.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a technical Bachelor’s degree and less than 5 years removed from University. 1-5 years working experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Migrating applications hosted on legacy hardware to virtual servers.
- Designing, deploying, and configuring web infrastructure components including servlet containers/application servers (e.g., Tomcat, JBoss), Apache web server, and applications and tools on Red Hat.
- Performing migration from physical to virtual servers and cloud operations.
- Employing Apache 2.x, IIS, Tomcat 7.x, Jive, Confluence, Siteminder, Nagios, SMTP, SSL, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, OpenSSL, SFTP, DNS, and TCP/IP, and IPv6 to troubleshoot, resolve, and perform root cause identification to ensure minimal downtime.
- Working with users, developers, testers, and system and network administrators to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly and accurately.
- Evaluating, recommending, configuring, and installing new web component-related software and tools.
- Writing, modifying, and understanding Shell scripts written in sh, ksh, csh, bash, and/or Perl.
- Developing and implement web component related SOPs.
- Familiarity with DevOps/ChatOps and continuous integration methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with OpenStack development and container based deployments is also a plus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top