Weather Applications Engineer
Weather Applications Engineer
HPE is seeking an experienced Applications Engineer to advance our technical efforts in the weather domain. As an Applications Engineer you will work on benchmarking, profiling, and tuning key HPC software applications across the full range of HPE product offerings.
- Analyzing and documenting performance characteristics of the applications for which you are responsible
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies and innovation for for alignment with product roadmaps and business value
- Driving HPE differentiation, both in performance and features, into key applications
- Leveraging domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence customers and key software/hardware partners
- Providing technical consultation to strategic application developers in support of application stability and performance
- Supporting the HPE sales team with pre-sales technical assistance and customer benchmarking related to the applications you support
- Frequent interaction with HPE product engineering and marketing on current and future product features and directions
- Drive application related studies and projects as well as author/co-author application specific technical reports and papers
- Work closely with the weather segment marketing leader to help define and shape overall market penetration and growth strategies
Education and Experience Required:
- Master's, or PhD degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, atmospheric science, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with the requirements of operational weather forecasting and weather/climate research
- Knowledge and experience with key weather/climate/ocean applications and workflows
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with multiprocessor hardware architectures, capabilities, and parallel programming techniques including detailed knowledge of parallel programming standards such as MPI and OpenMP
- Experience with HPC software development tools including compilers, debuggers, and performance measurement tools
- Proficiency in a high-level programming languages such as C++ and Fortran
- Proficiency with the Linux operating systems including scripting
- Strong self-driven work ethic and motivation
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Integrity, customer focus, innovation, teamwork, and accountability in daily work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate technical plans, design proposals, and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top