VLSI Development Engineer (R&D)
VLSI Development Engineer (R&D)
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates VLSI components and hardware systems. Determines architecture and logic design, design verification through software developed for component and system simulation, and builds physical implementations through development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits. Analyzes designs to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results to enable prototype and production VLSI solutions. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provide technical expertise and leads project teams of Electronic and VLSI engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of VLSI design and development for complex products, solutions, and platforms, including design, validation, and testing.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with VLSI technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Provides VLSI-specific and technical expertise along with the overall architecture design and platform leadership to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Provides leadership of project team of other VLSI engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for VLSI prototypes and products.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members to set an example of VLSI design and development innovation and excellence.
- Participates in and provides input on process for selection of future technical leaders.
- Drives VLSI innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the design organization.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer engineering or equivalent
- 6-10 years of experience in VLSI design, verification, or implementation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert level proficiency in electrical engineering fundamentals, VLSI principles, digital logic, and computer architecture.
- Expert level analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert level knowledge of designing VLSI components, integrated circuitry, architectures and algorithms into VLSI solutions.
- Expert level knowledge of a programming and scripting, hardware description language, electronic design automation (EDA), and/or FPGA tools. Coursework in VLSI design or VLSI concepts.
- Experience in executive written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Subject matter expertise or discipline leadership as evidenced through patents/publications in the field of VSLI or Electronic/hardware component designs and tools.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top