Virtualisation Support Engineer
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled team of Server/Support engineers providing technical Infrastructure support to Central and Regional UK Government users. The role will require a flexible working ethic and a pragmatic approach to IT Support, they will have second/third line support background, and have good customer service and communication skills
Description of Role
- Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards.
- Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements.
- Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management, monitoring, troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)).
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives
- Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
Essential Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Citrix XenApp 5 and Citrix XenApp 6.5 configuration, troubleshooting and end user support.
- Citrix XenMobile / XenServer / XenDesktop / PVS
- Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise
- HP Blade Systems and Virtual Connect Technologies
- ThinPrint Management
- SafeCom Management
- General understanding of related technologies
- Customer Service
Desirable skills and knowledge/certifications
- Any Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare certification
- Citrix StoreFront\Web Interface
- Appsense Management
- Active Directory
- Citrix EdgeSight
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top