Virtual Territory Representative
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
- Contribute to building of the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and building on existing company business within the account.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a basic understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Support account managers by responding to customer requests in specialty area.
- Offer up-selling suggestions to account managers new business opportunities within the account.
- Work with the client, particularly with procurement on contract renewals.
- Describe benefits of solutions, services, products, during selling process.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for smaller, less complex accounts, to higher-total-contract value renewals; manage sales pipeline.
Scope and Impact:
- Selling role is typically transactional, however, should begin to grow business by expanding business in with contracts.
- Typically assigned lower than average quota.
- Limited customer interface; often works with experienced salesperson on customer visits.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Formal training program completed in specialty and/or >1 year quota carrying telesales experience.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Typically 1-3 years of sales experience within this company or other relevant company in specialty sales.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Adequate knowledge of product, service, or solution to enable a sale.
- Can differentiate to some degree between own offerings and what competitors offer.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/solution knowledge to assess client’s business and identify opportunities to extend current business in the account.
- Use value-added selling skills to propose additional products, services, solutions which will contribute to customer’s business.
- Work as a member of the team in providing support and giving input regarding account opportunities.
- Contract renewal and extension facilitation skills.
- Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Product demonstration, customer training, and product installation skills.
- Solid communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- All deals entered into Siebel.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top