Virtual Account Executive
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
- Actively prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate solutions sales opportunities within area of technical specialty (in close cooperation with the account manager.
- Formulate and expand solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and up sell revenue.
- Certain roles may also sell through the channel.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Work with the client up to IT management level.
- Contribute to building of the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and new customer opportunities within specialty area.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for small-to-mid size accounts with limited complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
- Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
Scope and Impact:
- Participates in general sales strategy; defines specific sales plans with manager.
- Independently sells a specific product/solution.
- Selling role may be transactional and/or demand generation focused.
- May work with and leverage external partners to deliver sale.
- May interface with any level in customer organization; focused mainly on specialist buyers, e.g. IT.
- Account size ranges; may work in a Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied sales cycle.
- Average size quota.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer and higher level customer interface.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
- Typically 2 years of experience in Inside sales within software solutions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- In depth knowledge about product, service, solution and differentiators between own offerings and what competitor’s offerings.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Use knowledge in specialty, and consultative selling skills, to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine “qualify-in”/“qualify-out” status
- Solid communication and presentation skills within IT at the manager level.
- Product demonstration, customer training, product installation skills. (for product specialty roles)
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty – product, service, solution — from proposal to contract sign-off.
- Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Opportunity prospecting as related to specialty area and in expanding existing client business, in order to generate leads/referrals to account team.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Regular use of Siebel updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top