Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Intellectual Property
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company has an opening for a Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property. This position provides the right candidate an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team of legal professionals in one of the world’s premier high technology companies.
This position will be based in Houston, Texas.
About the Job
This is a senior leadership position is in the Intellectual Property Section of the HPE charged with developing and executing the IP strategy for HPE’s Data Center Infrastructure Group (DCIG), with annual revenue over $15B. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing an IP Strategy for DCIG and assuring consistency of this strategy with the overall IP strategy for HPE.
- Being the single point of contact on IP matters for the SVP in charge of DCIG.
- Collaborating effectively with the leaders of other practice groups in the Legal Department charged with supporting DCIG.
- Leading the DCIG team in all facets of the patent development process, including invention disclosure submission, evaluation, patent application preparation and prosecution, grant, and annuities.
- Working closely with and supervising a team of patent attorneys who are responsible for managing the life cycle of HPE’s patent portfolio for DCIG.
- Partnering and collaborating with other practice groups in the IP Section and in HPE’s Legal Department to ensure excellent customer service is provided in an efficient and effective manner.
- Setting aggressive objective goals to measure the team’s performance and ensure leadership against internal and industry benchmarks.
- Acting as a thought leader, both internally and externally, to advance the patent legal profession.
Travel is expected according to business needs and should be less than 25% of the time, most typically to Palo Alto and other HPE locations in the US.
Please attach a copy of your resume and a recent relevant writing sample.
About the Candidate
The successful candidate is expected to possess the following qualifications:
- A JD degree from a top law school
- Demonstrated strong academic achievement
- Admission to a state bar and the USPTO
- 12 years’ experience as an attorney
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing an IP strategy
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a large global team supporting high technology clients
- Experience in a large corporate environment
- Ability to work with clients in a team-oriented partnership to help them arrive at elegant solutions to their problems
- Flexibility to accept new and different challenges in a fast paced, high tech environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- A positive attitude
- A creative spirit
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top