Vertica Software Java Development Engineer
HPE Vertica’s development teams consist of extraordinarily skilled developers that are passionate about developing an innovative user friendly experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and development of a Java based Server-side framework for managing Big Data.
- Hands-on coding of Management UI applications utilizing the abovementioned frameworks
- Extensive knowledge in a software development infrastructure
- Direct interaction with support and customers to help triage and solve issues.
- Collaboration with (product) management, other development teams, and support/field engineers to establish requirements and ensure functionality is meeting customer needs.
Knowledge and technical expertise:
- Hand on experience with Java and Spring technologies and working knowledge of Application Servers
- Hands on experience with Gradle, Maven or equivalent build tools
- Working knowledge with GIT, Stash and Jenkins
- Experience working in Linux environments including Linux/Unix scripting
- A clear understanding of Restful API’s
- Proficient in SQL
- Familiarity with Python development
- Knowledge of RPM packaging is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop is a bonus
- A passion for building high-quality, innovative software
Education and professional experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related academic field
- 1-3 years of development experience in a Java environment in conjunction with complex architectures.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top