Vertica Software Engineering Intern (Masters/PhD Program)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Zynga, Twitter, and AT &T.
HPE Vertica Link: http://bit.ly/1T0QepG
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a Software Engineer Intern in Cambridge, MA to design and develop core technology and features for a commercially successful, high performance massively parallel distributed database system. This is for the Analytics Team.
This is a rare opportunity to work on the core team of a database engine that handles petabytes of user data and is on the leading edge of large scale data analytics. Work with and learn from the best engineers, contribute to an industry-leading product.
Different areas of work available include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Build SDK and Analytic extensions using state-of-the-art techniques for processing terabytes of data in an extremely efficient manner
- Research and develop parallel implementation of machine learning functions.
- Contribute to design, drive development and implementation of components of the Vertica Analytic Platform
- Take initiative to make the product and the work environment better and more effective
- Produce one or more complete features over the course of the internship to be used internally or externally by our customers
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related academic field
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2017
- Ability to deliver lots of high quality code (“get stuff done”)
- Data structures and Complexity analysis and improvement of algorithms
- C/C , high performance, multi-threading
- Proficiency with R
- Knowledge in Distributed Systems
- Basic experience with Machine Learning Algorithms (e.g. KNN, clustering)
- Proficiency Hadoop and its Ecosystem
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top