Vertica Quality Assurance Software Engineer (2017 Graduate)
This is a rare opportunity to work on the core team of Quality Engineers that handle terabytes of user data and is on the leading edge of large scale data analytics. You will work on testing the core HPE Vertica Analytic Database server and have the potential to make a large impact on our business.
HPE Vertica Quality Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make HPE Vertica an even better place to be. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at HPE Vertica.
- Develops and implements test plans and cases to test machine learning and analytic algorithms based on Vertica’s highly distributed system.
- Develops, executes, and analyzes tests for Vertica Console server web and agent APIs, specifically focused around the system level features, functionality, and performance.
- Provides technical feedback and input for design specification, and determine test strategy and planning.
- Collaborates and communicates with different groups regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Writes scripts to automate test cases and maintains test infrastructure.
- Helps solving customer reported issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science ,Electrical, or other Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months experience in test or quality assurance
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong quality assurance methodology/process skills.
- Knowledge of web application internals.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining test harnesses for distributed systems.
- Coding experience in more than one of the following: Perl, python, java, Selenium, C/C , C#, shell scripting
A little about us
HPE Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Facebook, AT&T, Twitter, and Comcast. Are you ready to join the industry leader in Big Data? This isn’t just a career it’s your future.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top