Vertica Quality Assurance Engineer Intern
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Zynga, Twitter, and AT &T.
HPE Vertica Link: http://bit.ly/1T0QepG
HPE Vertica is looking for a Quality Assurance Intern for Summer 2017 based in Cambridge, MA with a background in software development.
This is a rare opportunity to work on the core team of Quality Engineers that handle terabytes of user data and is on the leading edge of large scale data analytics. As a Quality assurance intern, you will work on the various areas for database management, quality assurance test methods, big data transfers, validation, metrics, audit tracking, and data comparisons/trending.
- Develops and implements test plans and cases to cover system level database features and functionality, and database performance.
- Develops, executes, and analyzes tests for the database server specifically focused around the system level features and functionality.
- Provides technical direction for the database testing process and infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Maintains and develops test infrastructure.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program pursing a quality related career.
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2017.
- Some applicable majors may include Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Quality Management, etc.
- Proficiency Linux and Unix operation system
- Must have mid-level scripting and/or programming experience
- Strong analytical, and problem solving skills.
- General assurance methodology/process skills.
- Mid-level SQL experience
- General understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience developing test harnesses for distributed systems.
- Coding experience in more than one of the following: PERL, Python, JAVA, C/C , Shell Scripting.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top