Vertica Cloud Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Facebook, Twitter, and Uber.
HPE Vertica Link: http://bit.ly/1T0QepG
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica seeking a Cloud Software Engineer based in Cambridge, MA to join the database engineering team. Our team’s mission is to ensure that the Vertica database software integrates seamlessly with cloud computing services and infrastructure from top cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
Many customers run Vertica successfully in the cloud today, but as cloud-based data infrastructure evolves to become the norm, there are more opportunities at hand. Today there are many diverse services across all levels of the stack that Vertica could integrate with to provide a better user experience. It is our team’s job to navigate this rapidly evolving space and build compelling integrations into the Vertica product for our customers.
- Use Vertica’s SDKs to design and implement integrations of Vertica with AWS cloud services like IAM, S3 and Cloud Watch.
- Design and implement features in the HPE Vertica database engine to simplify ease of integration with external cloud services
- Maintain an interest and awareness of the advances in cloud computing space to understand how Vertica can leverage these technologies
- Provide design & code reviews for other engineers, lend your cloud insights to core server and UI engineers as they work on improving the core database product.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Past experience using AWS to develop distributed applications
- Comfortable with scripting in a linux environment
- Working knowledge of C/C
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top