Vertica Client Software Engineer Intern
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Zynga, Twitter, and AT&T.
HPE Vertica Link: http://bit.ly/1T0QepG
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica seeking a Quality Client Software Engineer Intern for Summer 2017 based in Cambridge, MA to join the client software engineering team. As a client software engineer intern, you work at the intersection of the applications and systems software realms, designing in-database features, new APIs, and integration software. The products and features you create enable all users of HPE Vertica – developers, DBA’s and end users alike – to leverage the full power of the industry-leading HPE Vertica Analytic database. This is for the Client Engineering Team.
- Design and implement features in the HPE Vertica database engine that enable a richer and more robust client-side programming experience. Past examples include query routing, load balancing and secure authentication
- Design, implement and extend database APIs for a variety of languages and programming frameworks
- Use the HPE Vertica database APIs to design and implement integrations with third-party applications and data processing systems like Apache Kafka
- Work cross functionally with product management, QA, and documentation teams to drive the development of features from concept to product.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2017
- Knowledge of C/C , operating systems and client-server programming
- Ability to deliver prodigious amounts of extremely high quality code (“get stuff done”)
- Knowledge of Linux and comfortable with Linux/Unix scripting
- Knowledge of SQL and database driver technologies (JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top