Vertica Build & Release Engineer Intern
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Big Data Group Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Zynga, Twitter, and AT&T.
HPE Vertica Link: http://bit.ly/1T0QepG
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is seeking a Build and Release Engineer Intern for Summer 2017 based in Cambridge, MA. Will be responsible for daily operation and automation of the build systems for HP Vertica products.
- This individual will work closely with other engineers on the RE team, R&D team and other departments throughout the company.
- Facilitate the software development process and to ensure a reliable, consistent and repeatable delivery of builds and hotfixes.
- You will own and maintain the release process for a number of cross-functional, large-scale projects involving multiple internal and external teams.
- You will need technical depth to work with developers, troubleshoot problems and participate in design reviews, as well as curiosity and drive to learn new technologies.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a hands on experience with build/deployment automation, software development and tools.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2017
- Basic scripting ability in Perl or Python or related
- Basic knowledge Linux system administration
- Experience working with source code control systems, preferably SVN or Git
- Familiarity with continuous integrations engines such as Jenkins or QuickBuild
- Understanding of C /Java to compile sources
- VMware enterprise infrastructure
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3) and/or Docker
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Highly preferred a candidate who can commute to Cambridge, MA
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top