This position is for a User Experience Designer familiar with web application development and enterprise IT level software solutions.
We are an agile organization looking for a person that is passionate about designing simple, clean, intuitive software to satisfy enterprise customers. In this position, the individual will work alongside a team of UX designers who are responsible for collaborating with development teams to design user experiences for Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Software Defined Datacenter and Cloud Group.
This is not a position for UI development, web page design, or graphic art. This is product and interaction design for IT admins/enterprise software. The individual must be motivated to learning complex systems quickly and apply new knowledge into their designs. However, UI development experience is desired to be able to evaluate the practicality of designs in terms of feasibility and cost. #CBHPE
- Collaborate with members of UI design team and R&D development teams to design simple, clean, & elegant user interfaces.
- Develop wire-frames, storyboards, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts.
- Understand customer requirements and use cases, developing and expanding use cases as necessary.
- Acquire a solid understanding of IT processes to gauge the likelihood of use cases.
- Ability to evaluate feasibility and cost tradeoffs of designs. Ability to understand the implementation impacts of a design.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytics data.
- Present design work to the user experience team, development teams, and executives for review and feedback.
- Make improvements in the user experience of the product via changes to the implementation of the user interface.
- Comfortable working within an Agile environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Champion of user-centered design and user-research methodologies
- Expert level skills with standard design tools
- Experience with a tool (Balsamiq, Sketch, Fireworks, etc.) to create wire-frames and mockups.
- Experience with Grommet or other react.js based UI/UX toolkits is a plus
- Passionate about developing simple, clean, elegant user experiences
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with development teams to understand the problem domain and design solutions that meet user needs
- Strong interaction and visual design sense
- High degree of creativity and problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Has a technical understanding of server technologies, plus network and system administration tools.
- Knowledge of data centers, networking and virtualization is a plus.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top