Unix Technical Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Enterprise Services (ES) Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
Thisexciting opportunity is for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to joinour Midrange Unix Team within our Production Operations group. Thisspecialist level role in Unix Systems Administration will span a number ofenterprise-level clients.
The purpose of this role is toprovide a seamless delivery of a complete portfolio of world class services forour clients; so your technical skills and your excellent communication andrelationship management skills will be crucial to your success in securing thisrole. For this opportunity you must be an Australian Citizen and willing toobtain Baseline level Federal Government clearance.
- 5 years Senior level Unix Administration experience is essential
- A mix of RedHat Linux, AIX, Oracle Solaris and HP-UX experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Exadata (ODM) & SAP HANA technologies will be highly regarded
- Certification in RedHat Linux is highly desirable, but not a prerequisite
- Experience working in large complex Enterprise environments
- Sound knowledge of related infrastructure and architecture
- Solid grounding in ITIL best practice
- Sound problem identification and resolution skills
- Solid change management process and compliance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and personal presentation
- Proven experience in day to day service delivery and project activities
- Australian citizenship holder
- Hold appropriate security clearance, if not, must be willing to applyfor clearance
- Willing to work after hours as dictate by business/client and doing oncall as per roster
- Team player
- Work well under pressure
- Passion for delivering excellent client service
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top