Unix Project Implementation Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is one of the top 50 fortune companies in the world, having top 500 fortune companies as clients, ensuring you would definitely get to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment. Being on this position you have a variety of technologies and environments that give you the opportunity to work with the most common as well as the most rare middleware software in a scale of an enterprise environment.
oneBUILD is not simply a rebranding of Project Services. It is much more!
All the processes – from contract signing to handover to oneRUN – were put on the chopping block, reviewed, rethought and brought back together to ensure a complete Sold-to-Run bridge. Driven by the relentless pursuit of Sell and Build Revenue from growth on existing accounts, we will measure our success through greater speed to revenue, customer satisfaction, and assured profitability.
What we do is E2E Implementation, Technical Design, Technical Management for Project Services, HW Refresh, Add on, Scale up and Scale down, Server and Application Consolidation via Virtualization, Streamlining RTP for major clients by process control and acceleration, Release to Production – Server Build and Tooling. We also deliver Program and Project Management, as well as Transition and Transformation services.
The Unix Implementation Engineer is responsible for delivering services to outsourcing accounts on time, on target with quality. He/She focuses on projects implementation and change management of configuration items. The main goal is to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the customer’s production environment and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. He/She works in close relationship with other teams and is under direct supervision by the team Management.
- Deep-level troubleshooting in conjunction with vendor and third-party support within the applicable technology platform that that he/she is responsible for
- Subject Matter Expertise Consultation, Project Implementation
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis related to project activities
- Implement normal/complex, routine or emergency changes within the applicable technology platform that that he/she is responsible for
- Planning and Engineering of normal/complex, routine or emergency changes within the applicable technology platform that that he/she is responsible for
- Participate in Change Advisory Board (CAB) / Technical Advisory Board (TAB) meetings to determine impact of, provide feedback on, and approve/decline changes for customer environment changes
- Maintain the Configuration Management DataBase (CMDB) Configuration Items (CI’s) in conjunction with environment changes
- Cover all other technical responsibilities related to the platform/technology that that he/she is responsible for
- Implement project plans related to the platform/technology that he/she is responsible for
- Ensure all request are acted upon conscientiously in the framework expected according to the SLA as per agreed global and customer specific processes.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent certifications
- Minimum of 3 years of UNIX hands-on technical experience
- Knowledge & base certification in one or more of UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris & Linux) technologies required. Knowledge in any other UNIX systems is a plus.
- Fluent in English language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and customer centric focus – ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all customers, partners and users, internal and external
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Team player. Ability to collaborate and cooperate with members of team and members of other teams
- Competitive payment package
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- 4 days additional paid leave (total: 24 days)
- Food vouchers
- Opportunity to use free parking
- Wellness package
- HPE badge program including various discounts for products and services
- Work-life balance program including free legal, financial and psychological consultations
Thank you for taking time reviewing our job add! If you believe this is the right match for you, please do not hesitate to apply! We are eager to learn more about you!
Please, kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
This is to inform you that Hewlett Packard Enterprise GDBC EOOD (HPE) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HPE takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HP may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HPE. HPE can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top