UKI Country Controller
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
The Country Controller ensures the integrity of Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s financial and tax reporting and drives compliance with HPE’s policies and local regulatory requirements. UK&I have combined management revenues of approx. $5Bn pa
Accounting, Controls & Compliance
Enable and review the accounting books and records in accordance with US/Local GAAP and HPE Accounting policies, and ensure a strong system of internal controls over the accuracy of financial reporting.
As the Country Controller of UK&I:
‒ Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations, HPE policies and procedures, and HPE’s standards of business conduct through strong oversight and active engagement on the country’s leadership team.
‒ Ensure effective governance of the country organization, including integration of new entities acquired by HPE.
‒ Liaise with local government agencies on tax incentives/government funding awarded to HPE and associated investment commitments, where applicable
‒ Assist with converting management flash into legal entity view
‒ Prepare the local legal forecast
‒ Support pan-HPE performance reporting when required (e.g., country reviews)
‒ Support compliance programs and projects
> Fulfill E&Y, internal audit and external tax audit requirements
> Perform tax accounting inputs:
‒ Pre-tax earnings forecast
‒ ROVAC planning
Country Leadership Roles
- Manage the Region Controllership team in the two countries and lead dedicated resources based in Poland
- Proactively identify and mitigate business and financial risks in country.
- Provide proactive leadership to address any “white spaces” that may arise in country.
- Participate and support the local Country leadership.
- In some cases, serve as statutory director and support Standards of Business Conduct management as required.
Country Controllership Integrator with the Finance Horizontal Organizations
- Work with Credit & Collections, External Finance Reporting, Global Financial Solutions, Tax, Treasury and other HPE Finance teams to optimize their support to Controllership and facilitate their function’s goal achievement.
- Continuously improve finance function effectiveness and efficiency towards the Finance Vision of One Time, One Team and One Trusted Partner.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics and accounting certification (ACA strongly preferred)
- Typically 10 years of experience in a finance function
- Typically 2 years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong understanding of the company’s policies and processes
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top