TSC Backup and Storage Consultant - BURA
StorageBackup Recovery and Archive (BURA) consultant is a high technical roleproviding consulting services for HPE customers on storage backup solutions.Primarily to Discover, Design and deploy backup solutions working withmulti-vendor backup software and HPE backup devices. Interacting with HPEpre-sales team during the pursuit and a bidding deal providing all technicalinputs for a backup solution.
- Need to work closely with the pre-sales solutionarchitect and understand the customer’s requirement to provide a backupsolution.
- Design and deploy the backup solutions which includesbackup software and HPE storage devices
- Backup Efficiency analysis and backup assessment isdone on the existing customer’s environment hence analytical skills areessential.
- Build the new backup infrastructure and integrate withthe existing environment or build the solution for a Green Field project
- Install, configure and integrate major backup softwareavailable in the market
- Based on the skill set you will be aligned to aproject and work closely with the project management team.
- As a global resource you will interact with teamsacross all the regions(APJ, EMEA &AMS)
Role and responsibilities:
- As a BURA consultant it is required to work and deliverthe SOW agreed for the delivery.
- Timely project completion is very important as it islinked to customer satisfaction
- Any road blocks need to be highlighted to the projectteam and to the management within HPE so that it can be addressed and resolved
- Based on the Scope Of Work agreed implementation ofthe backup solution need to meet the customer customer’s requirement
- Backup solution to meet 2 major requirements size datato be backed up and the backup window.
- Working with different vendors and service providersduring implementation
- Keep the stake holders informed on the progress of theproject and this requires a strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Attend conference calls and meetings with bothinternal and external to HPE
- As a domain expert you need to be front face andrepresenting the solution to the customer
- SPOC for the domain within HPE especially for largeaccounts in which engineering and labs are directly involved. You need tounderstand the information provided by the engineering/labs and bridge to thesales team to understand
- During active project delivery extended hours requiredfor timely delivery
- Good time management and inter-personal skills
- Direct customer facing skills will help to manageescalation and handle the other service providers.
- Strict deadlines need to be met set by the customerand the project team.
- Documentation of each phase during the project lifecycle and provide all the information to the project team and to the endcustomer
Essential Technical skills
- Install configure and integration of Enterprise backupapplications HP Data Protector / Veritas Backup Exec/Netbackup/CommvaultSimpana / IBM TSM
- Backup Technologies De Duplication , VTL , Catalyst Stores, Pure Disk, Physical Tape Libraryimplementation & Configurationexperience
- Understanding of Open Storage Technology (OST). SourceSide Dedupe vs Target side dedupe
- Integration experience in virtual environmentprotection (vmware/hyper-v), SQL, Oracle R-Man and SAP BR-Tools, Exchangeprotection, Sharepoint protection using different backup software
- Hands on experience on HP backup devices HP StoreOnce& StoreEver
- Large enterprise backup infrastructure understandingis very important as BURA consultant
- Understanding of Replication, copy job, object copy and offsite tape
Preferable Technical Skills
- HPE Data Protector on both UNIX and Windowsenvironment
- Veritas Netbackup & backup exec on both UNIX andwindows environment
- Virtual protection on VMWARE
- TSM install and configuration
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Handson experience in multi-vendor backup software with design, install &configure with various integration protection
- Datacentreinfrastructure and built a backup infrastructure.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top