Job Family Description
Designs, develops and executes all testing-related activities on applications, infrastructure or hardware components of IT solutions. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing testing strategy and plan, analysis of business requirements & designs for testability, design and development of test cases, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test scripts, and execution of various testing types such as System, system Integration, performance and modeling. Develops the Testing components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, sales pursuit strategy, Testing & Quality Methodology and best practices to collaborate with the Project team and client to deliver high quality solutions. Works within the Services function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies.
Job Level Definitions
Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, directs and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members’ work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Additional guidance/criteria: 1) Directs and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region; 2) Typically reports to MG2 or MG3; 3) Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manage area(s), customer(s), or team(s) of company employees with well-defined, limited scope, including directing daily work activities/priorities, people recruitment and development, cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports. May coach and mentor non-direct reports as needed. Manage Focal Point Review (FPR) process for company employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Advise management and peers on matters of importance to area(s) of responsibility. Propose/influence direction-setting.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual gorwth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
- Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
Scope and Impact
Direct and Controls activities for:
- country or sub-region
- medium-sized customer(s)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold Master’s or advanced degree in related field.
- Typically 8 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Typical skills include:
- Workforce management/development
- (developing) Leadership
- (developing) Influencing Others
- Escalation management, customer relationship-building
- Knowledge of Corporate capabilities and outsourcing industry norms
- Business Analysis and Planning
- General Financial Management/Cost Management
- General Project Management
- In-depth understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- General understanding of related technologies
- (developing) Knowledge of industry and market trends
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top