Test Engineer (TS/SCI FS Poly)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking an experienced and highly qualified Test Engineer to work at our Hanover, MD facility. The Test Engineer will work directly with the development team and project management to create test and implement test plans and provide direct feedback in a high-paced development environment. Candidate should also have an understanding of 802.11 wireless technologies as well as prior experience testing hardware functionality as well as software components. Experience in testing wireless integrated systems desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Software testing experience with at least five years overall industry experience in software, system, and testing.
- Validate software requirements through analysis, inspection, software code review, integration testing, ad hoc testing, internal verification and acceptance testing
- Proficient in understanding requirements, design specifications, and testing strategy to: perform ambiguity analysis, perform risk analysis, establish testing priorities and scope, develop testing strategy, review testing strategy, validate requirements and specifications, develop test plans, review test plan, develop test scenarios, select test design techniques and develop testing metrics collection plan in order to plan and prepare for testing
- Evaluates and validates test cases and scripts, develops and validates test specifications and escalates issues for resolution.
- Must be able to write detailed test plans
- Must understand scenario and script development, and requirements traceability for full system integration test.
- Ability to develop and execute automated test scripts
- Ensuring functional and technical requirements testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing are being planned for and executed.
- Interacts with project teams and clients to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and testing objectives for a project as a basis for determining testing requirements.
- Understands and recommends the use of the appropriate automated testing tools.
- Document test equipment requirements and configure test equipment as required for specialized testing
- Conduct hardware and software acceptance tests with Customer representatives.
- Collection, tracking and reporting test metrics and brief senior leadership on test status.
- Solid experience as lead Tester in small teams.
- Ability to provide mentoring to more junior member of our test team
- Proficient in modern testing and development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively in team setting
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to pick up and learn new products with little supervision.
- BS Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or related degree
- Minimum of Five (5) years overall industry experience in software, systems, and software testing
- Must have experience with various aspects of software testing (i.e. equipment, inspection, integration, verification, regression, automated, and acceptance testing).
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a varied, fast paced environment with frequently changing requirements.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines as well as work well with a team.
- Familiarity with Subversion and Linux Platforms
- TS/SCI with Full scope Polygraph required
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top