Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Territory Manager (TM) to join our team.
The TM is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory, overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country to achieve quota.
The TM will plan and direct all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training. The TM requires working on complex technical projects and or business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or industry know-how.
- Establish short and long term goals plus quotas in line with corporate objectives
- Sell products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contact prospective customers to determine product needs and perform sales presentations to match company's products and identified needs
- Prospect and develop business, respond to RFPs, and develop proposals for presentation to customer
- Coordinate account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development
- Remain knowledgeable of Aruba Networks products to facilitate sales effort
- Responsible for pre-sales function as needed
- Communicate goals in "solution" or project goal terms
- Maintain sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provide follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Maintain a 90 day rolling forecast
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understand competition in region and general business climate
- Possess and continually develop and maintain the strongest of skills through advanced training, study and work experience
- Continually work on being self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist
- Become the in-house expert on specific technologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training in business or sales management required.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years selling experience in high tech sales required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly required.
- Highly motivated sales starter and ability to work independently required.
- Proven impressive ability to find ways over, under, around & through barriers required.
- Must be extremely sensitive & adaptive to both stated and unstated customer needs.
- Experience creating focused, collaborative, results-driven teams (internal & partners)
- Proven, consistent over achievement of sales quotas required
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations required.
- Ironclad integrity required.
- Ability to manage multiple objectives, tasks and clients required.
- Ability to prospect and qualify potential accounts required.
- Proven ability to be self-taught required, as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience selling networking solutions preferred
- Washington DC Metro
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficial relationship with the partner or with a targeted set of resellers, distributors, Systems Integrators (SIs) and/or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue with joint sales efforts. Coordinates all company activities with the partner, including education, marketing, executive briefings, business planning and client engagements. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for extremely complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Promotes company offerings to become a key part of the partner's business and solutions; May be brought by partner to sell company brand to end-customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for company products, services and software.
- Transactional and relationship selling within, and influencing, a team of selling professionals; physically visits partner customers at their offices.
- Creates, fills-in and manages company funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Actively engages company resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long- term business opportunities for company.
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making company investments in the partner.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who are managing small partners on behalf of company.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 8-12 years of selling experience at end- user account or partner level.
- Experience selling to partners in a complex environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
- Thorough understanding of company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Thorough understanding of company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic relationships with partner decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales teams and across business groups.
- Thorough understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/other sales teams members.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top