Telecommunications Technology Consultant
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to company strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry.
Products and Technologies
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise.
- Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle.
- Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales.
- Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise.
- Actively grows company portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management.
- Assists with multiple customers. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study.
Strong programming background Java, other languages a plus. Experience in Telecommunications Networking, and Operations.
Experience in Telco Mediation, Policy, and Charging. Experience in Solution Development, Integration, and Testing. Experience in UNIX/LINUX OS a plus. Database Experience a plus.
- 1 years of Programming and Telecom TC experience
- Computer Science or equivalent BS degree
- HTTP protocol
- TSL/SSL protocol
- Diameter protocol
- Netflow protocol
- Virtual Machine
- SE JDBC
- Oracle Enterprise DB
- TimesTen DB
- Apache JMeter
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top