Technology Services Finance Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Business Unit: Technology Services\ Global Support Delivery APJ
Global Support Delivery (GSD) uses a combination of local and global resources to meet the changing needs of our global customers. We leverage industry best practices, and focus on continuing to deliver the quality products and services our customers expect and demand. GSD enables business growth, lower per unit cost of service, and increase consistency in delivery leading to higher customer satisfaction and greater agility.
Be engaged in financial planning, budgeting, consultation, modeling, verification in support of Call Centre function. Example are cost reduction opportunities, delivery process enhancement.
- Provide monthly financial analysis, consultation to operation managers on key metric such as utilization, productivity, residuals. Focus on explaining the shift in trends vs budget/YoY/constant currency/prior quarter/prior flash.
- Collaborate with operation manager in monthly reporting and review with business partners.
- Financial consultation to operation managers on ad hoc cost improvement initiatives and other operation programs for budgeting and actual costing.
- Lead and perform month end close activities such as IC billing, reconciliation, and accuracy in booking, gap analysis and corrective action.
- Analysis of spending trend, highlighting outlier for operation managers to follow up.
- Lead in annual budget setting, planning and forecasting with operation managers.
- Have a good knowledge of activity costing system SAFARI, provide activity cost analysis to operation managers and drive cost optimization.
- Maintain master data to align with organizational change e.g. location code, cost center creation/update, MRU/BA/FA mapping etc.
- Ensure all billings are in compliance with AFM (Accounting and Finance Manual) policy guidelines, HP accounting practice and reporting processes.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a financial analyst
- Experience working in MNCs
- Regional experience, particularly within Asia region is highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Drives and implements innovative solutions to unique problems
- Willingness to work on and provide input/consultation on activities outside of the TS scope
- A high-energy, entrepreneurial self-starter, independent decision maker; ability to work with minimum direct supervision or guidance from others;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, and relationship building skills;
- Ability to be hands on – get to details as and when required;
- Proven ability to manage priorities and conflicts;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and foster an environment for cross-functional & cross-cultural collaboration, knowledge sharing, and leverage across organizations and teams and achieve results in line with overall organization interest;
- Shows self-confidence, stamina, and courage;
- Flexibility (serving customers across geographies) and strong ability to handle ambiguity
- Implementation – ability to push aggressively and get things done.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top