Hewlett PackardEnterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers togo further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanningthe cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology andservices help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productiveand more secure.
Enterprise Group worksto streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combiningESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services intoone division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “ConvergedInfrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with thetransformation and integration of their technology. We are there for ourcustomers – come join us!
We are seeking aTechnology Consultant to be based full time in Canberra. This role is a seniorrole in our Defence and Intelligence Technical delivery team and as such we arelooking for a candidate with good IT skills across one or more of ourtechnology towers – servers, storage, operating system, virtualization,networking. As the role is part of our Defence and Intelligence team, werequire a candidate with a PV clearance.
Your responsibilities willinclude:
- Implementing part or all of the technicalsolution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design forenterprise solutions.
- Understanding a broad spectrum of companytechnology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design whichmeets customer requirements.
- Leading small to medium technical projects.Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and withcustomer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect asappropriate.
- Providing technical support and input on theapplication of technology to a defined business segment.
- Providing planning and design support for thedevelopment of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiplesystem environment.
- Communicating across client community, and isviewed as adding value.
- Contributing to knowledge tools and communities,and ensures project learning’s are documented and shared.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree orequivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without adegree, two additional years of relevant professional experience
- Hold a vendor orindustry certification in at least one discipline area.
- Minimum 6 – 8 years oftechnical experience
- Sufficient depth andbreadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the designand scope of deliverables within a field of expertise
- Experience leading smallteam in delivery of a specific deliverable
- Mastered at least onetechnical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technologyareas: servers, storage, operating system, virtualization, networking.
- Has demonstrated abilityto lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates.
- Ability to developsolutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability andagility of a particular customer’s enterprise.
- Demonstrates broadknowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complexintegration efforts.
- Ability to perform/driveresolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products.
- Strong Communicationskills with experience presenting complex issues with assurance and confidence.
- Ability to translatetechnical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answerspecific RFP questions).
- Ability to work with ateam to provide written responses to technical proposals and /orreports/documentation for delivery
It is mandatory to be anAustralian Citizen and an active Defence clearance. Please do not apply if you do not possessthese requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large global IT leader,offering career progression opportunities, as well as working for a recognised’Employer of Choice’ in Australia, who is committed to the values of workforcediversity, career development, equal employment opportunities and workplaceflexibility.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top