Technical Writer (TS/SCI FS Poly Clearance)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Essential Job Function:
- Assists in researching, writing, editing, and proofreading technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel. Reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computer based training or company technical products to gather and research technical information for use in documentation.
- Writes, organizes, enters and compiles online help files to support end users.
- Creates, compiles, and delivers system/software developmental documentation packages including, but not limited to narratives, logic diagrams, input and output samples, input preparation instructions, job setup information, etc., from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred
- Zero or more years of technical writing experience
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Good communication skills for interacting with personnel
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top