Technical Support Engineer (HPE ArcSight)
Provides direct service and support to ArcSight’s worldwide customer base on our award winning enterprise software and hardware solutions.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve complex product issues related to HPE ArcSight products in multi-tiered application environments.
- Troubleshoots and assists customers on product issues via telephone, WebEx, and email.
- Keep detailed log of all the customer interactions in case management tools.
- Develop, document, and publish best practice methods, technical white papers, knowledgebase articles and solutions.
- Collaborate closely with team members from support, engineering and product management to resolve customer issues, advocate product enhancements, bug fixes, provide feedback on important features, product gaps and supportability matters.
- Serves as subject matter expert for technical publications and user-community website.
- Participate in On-call support on a rotational basis.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent verifiable work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in supporting Enterprise Software products.
- Sound knowledge of Linux or UNIX variants and Windows Servers.
- Database experience (Oracle, MySQL).
- Experience with troubleshooting network related issues.
- Knowledge of web servers (Apache, IIS) and application servers (Tomcat/Jboss).
- Experience working with ArcSight products is a plus.
- System or Network Administration experience is a plus .
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering proactive, responsive and credible service to customers.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
- Capable of working under pressure and multitask in fast paced environment where priorities can shift quickly.
- Willing to take ownership of customer issue to find the root cause and provide solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships and team objectives.
- Be able to think out of the box.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Fluency in other languages is desirable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of any search technology.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top