Technical Marketing Engineer
This is a unique global position that combines technical, marketing and pre-sales responsibilities into one exciting role. The senior Technical Marketing Engineer role is part of the HPE DCIG global product line management organization and requires close collaboration with product line management (PLM), product marketing, the global sales organization, competitive intelligence, R&D & engineering.
This role primarily focuses on Data Center networking and Cloud infrastructure, automation and orchestration leveraging the Arista product lines.
The candidate needs to possess deep technical knowledge in networking technologies; knowledge of network management; Data Center/Cloud virtualization technologies such as VMware; orchestration and automation (OpenStack, zero touch provisioning); routing and switching; extensive knowledge on Data Center application integration.
The candidate will be expected to conduct designing, deploying, troubleshooting and documenting data center network solutions with hands on access to the lab equipment.
Strong communication and presentation skill in front of large audience is required.
The candidate must also have solid customer facing experience with strong business acumen, who can apply advanced knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert in Data Center networking, automation and orchestration.
The senior TME role provides support in the following key areas:
- Drive customer success with the passion from a “mission impossible” team
- Drive HPE Data Center networking revenue growth by providing technical sales support for worldwide strategic customers as subject matter expert.
- Working with product managers and R&D to develop a comprehensive Data Center & Cloud automation, orchestration and networking management solution across the HP enterprise business units.
- Evangelizing DC networking management and automation solution and technology at industry-wide marketing event, sale enablement events, social media, customer EBCs with technical presentation and solution demonstration.
- Develop technical content for the global pre-sales organization, business partners, and customers:
- Reference architectures
- Technical product guides
- Technical configuration guides
- Technical customer presentations
- Design, develop and deliver hands on lab training for the world-wide technical community
- Troubleshooting with hands on effort in the lab is mandatory
Education and Experience
- 8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study;
- An MBA or other graduate degree is desirable.
- 8 years’ experience in networking industry.
- Pre-sale and/or post-sale role with customer facing experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Has networking responsibility in a pre-sales or post-sales role or lab testing role.
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge including data center switching, routing and technologies such as VXLAN, TRILL, SPB, FC/FCoE, Openflow and OpenStack to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge on Arista /EOS products
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Assist pre-sales engineers on complex network designs, strategic account engagements, and writing proposals
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Design and build demonstrations as well as staff for industry, partner and corporate events
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
- Record audio and video podcasts
- Author technical blogs for social media and brief external technical bloggers
- Respond to social media such as LinkedIn & Twitter
- Must be able to work effectively in a geographically-distributed team.
- Conduct technical training sessions for the worldwide pre-sales technical organization
- Work with 3rd party vendors and partners to create unique solutions
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top