Technical Marketing Engineer
This is a unique global position that combines technical, marketing and pre-sales responsibilities into one exciting role. The senior Technical Marketing Engineer role is part of the HPE DCIG global product line management organization and requires close collaboration with product line management (PLM), product marketing, the global sales organization, competitive intelligence, R&D & engineering.
This role primarily focuses on Data Center infrastructure, automation and orchestration leveraging the Arista product lines.
The candidate needs to possess deep technical knowledge in Data Center/Cloud virtualization technologies, such as HyperV, KVM; and orchestration and automation (OpenStack, zero touch provisioning); extensive knowledge on Data Center application; good knowledge Data Center networking technologies;
The candidate will be expected to conduct designing, deploying, troubleshooting and documenting data center solutions with hands on access to the lab equipment.
Strong communication and presentation skill in front of large audience is required.
The candidate must also have solid presales customer experience with strong business acumen, who can apply advanced knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert in cloud and data center virtualization, automation and networking.
The senior TME role provides support in the following key areas:
- Drive customer success with the passion from a “mission impossible” team
- Drive HPE Data Center networking revenue growth by providing technical sales support for worldwide strategic customers as subject matter expert.
- Working with product managers and R&D to develop a comprehensive Data Center & Cloud virtualization, automation and networking solution across the HPE business units.
- Evangelizing DC networking virtualization and automation solution and technology at industry-wide marketing event, sale enablement events, social media, customer EBCs with technical presentation and solution demonstration.
- Develop technical content for the global pre-sales organization, business partners, and customers:
- Reference architectures
- Technical product guides
- Technical configuration guides
- Technical customer presentations
- Design, develop and deliver hands on lab training for the world-wide technical community
- Troubleshooting with hands on effort in the lab is mandatory
Education and Experience
- 8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study;
- An MBA or other graduate degree is desirable.
- 8 years’ experience in networking industry.
- Pre-sale with customer facing experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer facing pre-sales or technical marketing experience.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top