Technical Consultant (f/m)
Technical Consultant (f/m)
At the Hewlett Packard Enterprise TecHub team we support our HPE Sales colleagues with the technical help they need to fulfill HPE's mission: helping our customers achieve their business goals by providing the best IT solutions. Our team is very international in nature, consisting of over 70 consultants of 19 different nationalities speaking 17 languages, and our users come from more than 70 countries throughout the region of Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
TecHub offers a variety of services relating to HPE's Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking (ESSN) products. The responsibility the TecHub RFP Support team is to work intensively with remote teams in different countries to create technical answers to customer Requests for Proposal (RFP) or other tender competitions. The team's activities include designing, configuring and describing technology solutions based on HPE products to match the RFP specification, answering the customers' technical questions about our products and solutions, and competitive analysis.
If you would like an international career in a big company, if you would like to utilize your language skills and acquire greater technical knowledge this position could be exactly for you.
We are searching for candidates who speak native English, or fluent English and one other language (German, French). The ideal candidate for an RFP Technical Consultant for our team must have a technical background and basic understanding of enterprise IT hardware, and needs to be willing to deepen that knowledge. We also expect flexibility and willingness to travel occasionally.
Joining the TecHub team brings very competitive salary and benefits. You will start with an initial training that would help with your orientation at HPE. You will get your own mentor to help you through the first steps in your new position.
Responsibilities/content of work:
- Works intensively with teams in international locations on customer tender responses on a project basis
- Takes ownership for the technical part of tender responses from start to finish, including solution design, technical description and answering technical questions
- Understands customer business requirements from a technical viewpoint and uses technical expertise to propose solutions which help customers achieve their business goals
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention
- Professionally manages customer expectations and responds to customer concerns
- Collaborates with peers and international sales teams to find the best solution for the customer
- Acquires, maintains, grows and demonstrates technical knowledge of HPE's technology and solutions and deepens expertise within area of specialization
- Demonstrates technical competence in customer communications
- Answers technical competitive questions within SLA, analyses competition specifications and provides technical arguments to position HPE against the competition and beat it
- Maintains knowledge of HPE's competitors and market conditions, and applies this to evaluate HPE technical and strategic advantages
- Provides pro-active feedback to business units within HPE on sales inhibitors and information resource or product issues
- Makes proposals for process improvements
- Shares knowledge and experience with peers
- Takes on additional tasks and responsibilities as he/she grows into the role (product lead, coordinator or similar tasks which involve support within and outside of the team)
- Trains and coaches new staff
- Administrative and other activities related to mentioned content of work
Knowledge and skills:
- Languages: native or fluent English and German with strong written-communication skills
- Bachelor degree (or above) in the field of computer science, business information systems, engineering or related fields, or corresponding years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated customer service or technical selling skills, preferably with international customers
- Proven knowledge of IT concepts, basic understanding of networking, IT solutions and overall enthusiasm for technology
- Industry-recognized certification (Microsoft, Cisco etc.) an advantage
- Analytical, problem detection and solving skills
- Willing and able to continuously deepen technical knowledge and learn about new products and technologies
- Customer oriented – always placing the customer first
- Ability to manage time and priorities based on customer deadlines
- Team player, ability to collaborate effectively in an international, multi-cultural environment and maintain good relationships with team members and customers
- Self-motivated, self-started attitude
- Understands HPE strategy and the role that the individual plays.
- Uses knowledge tools and reuses information for the benefit of projects, and for professional development.
- Proactive, "can do" attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work extra hours and travel occasionally
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top