Technical Consultant Big Data (f/m) - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Graduate Program
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
HPE Big Data, provides market-leading solutions to help organizations all over the world understand the meaning in information. Through our Big Data software and cloud services, we help the world’s leading organizations unlock the full business value of their data. Our enterprise-class analytics platform and our governance and data management offerings enable organizations to store, analyze, explore, predict, govern, and protect 100% of data, regardless of type, source, or location.
As a member of the HPE Big Data Solutions Professional Services Team, this role would involve implementing HP Big Data products and solutions to our diverse set of customers. Working as part of an experienced team of Technical Consultants, Architects and Project Managers, our Technical consultants support our projects through their lifecycle. They have unique exposure and knowledge of our market leading software and the range of solutions and business challenges we can address.
- As a team member designing and implementing solutions based on HPE Big Data software to solve customer business problems
- Acting as an advisor to the customer by:
- Understanding the customer business
- Understanding how our Product or Solution achieves business benefit
- Issue investigation and resolution
- Supporting sales and growing the Professional Services business by:
- Attending pre-sales meetings with sales and solution architects
- Create and manage technical documentation
- Give technical presentations and running customer workshops
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent degree in progress in maths, science, computer science or related area of study (max. 12 months of working experience)
- Has a strong ability to solve technical problems including in areas outside of previous experience
- Has the ability to learn new technology, products and languages quickly to deliver results
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence.
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate.
- Excellent written and spoken German and English
- Problem Solver
- Excellent communicator
- Customer facing
- Willing to travel within Europe,Middle East & Africa (up to 50%)
Desirable Skills not necessary needed
- Experience with our Product portfolio: IDOL, Vertica, HPE Content Manager (Records Manager), SDM & ControlPoint
- Experience on using databases and SQL
- Experience on configuring Microsoft Servers
- OO programming (.NET, groovy, java)
- Experience on setting up desktop Virtual Machines
- Database modeling
- ETL tools
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers. When you have questions please feel free to contact: [email protected]
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top