Technical Consultant - Big Data
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Big Data, provides market-leading solutions to help organizations all over the world understand the meaning in information. With vast amounts of data being collected, HPE Vertica and HPE IDOL meaning-based platform help understand the full spectrum of enterprise information, as well as the relationships that exist within that data. This platform uses innovative pattern-matching technology to help make meaning of these extreme volumes of data, to aid in reducing complexity, and to find value in this data.
HPE’s IDOL platform allows computers to harness the richness of information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice and video.
HPE Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica’s elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50×-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally including Facebook, Zynga, Twitter, and AT&T.
As a member of the HPE Big Data Platform Professional Services Team, this role would involve implementing HPE Big Data Analytics solutions to our diverse set of customers. Working as part of an experienced team of Technical Consultants, Architects and Project Managers, our Technical Consultants support projects through their lifecycle. They have unique exposure and knowledge of our market leading software and the range of solutions and business challenges we can address.
Are you ready to join the industry leader in Big Data?
Call of Duty:
- As a team member designing and implementing solutions based on HP Big Data software to solve customer business problems
- Acting as an advisor to the customer by:
- Understanding the customer business
- Understanding how our Product or Solution achieves business benefit
- Issue investigation and resolution
- Supporting sales and growing the Professional Services business by:
- Attending pre-sales meetings with sales and solution architects
- Create and manage technical documentation
- Give technical presentations and running customer workshops
Who are you?
A Problem Solver and an excellent communicator, customer facing and willing to travel within Europe, Middle East & Africa (up to 50%)
- Strong ability to solve technical problems including in areas outside of previous experience
- Ability to learn new technology, products and programming languages quickly to deliver results
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate.
- Programming or scripting experience (Java, Python, Bash etc)
- Linux experience
- Database experience
- Big Data Technology experience (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc)
- Machine learning or modelling experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT – Open to the rigorous security checks to gain the Developed Vetting (DV) Clearance will be required to perform role fully. Typically applicants should be a British National and history in the UK for 7 years.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top