Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster.
HPE's Point Next - Global Support Delivery is our delivery business unit & assists customers by delivering agility & flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security & stability, reducing risk & delivering unmatched value.
PointNext – Global Services Delivery is looking for a customer-centric Technical Consultant to be based in Canberra. This role will see you using your broad technical expertise to play an integral part across a variety of integration & deployments services within Federal Government customer accounts. The scope of services is typically across Networking, Storage, DataCentre & Servers.
Your Key Tasks:
- Work effectively within a team & under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager
- Install & implement part or entire technical solutions to Federal government agencies, according to design & customer contract agreement
- Provide technical support & input on the application of technology to a defined business segment
- Understand a broad spectrum of company technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements
- Provide planning & design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment
- Provide technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement
- Contribute to knowledge tools & communities, & ensure project learnings are documented & shared
Required Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- 5 years + technical experience in a customer-facing role
- Advanced knowledge of installation, administration & configuration of networks
- Working knowledge of Cisco &/or Juniper routers, ethernet switches & network security products highly regarded
- Aptitude to work across a broad spectrum of technologies & customer technical environments
- Ability to lead resolution activities with escalated customers
- Skilled in problem solving, time management, & prioritisation
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to write components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions)
- Australian Citizen with current PV1, PV2 or NV level Federal Government Security Clearance mandatory
An OTE package commensurate with skills & experience is on offer. At HPE we offer a work culture where we drive innovation, collaboration & growth. You will work with a variety of clients & be provided with genuine training & development opportunities. HPE values of workforce diversity, equal employment & workplace flexibility.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top