Technical Architect - OS LifeCycle Manageability
Technical Architect - OS LifeCycle Manageability
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers come join us!
We are looking for top Technical Experts to lead and drive the development of the future enterprise system manageability products and solutions. Technical experts play lead roles in multi-discipline teams working on new and next generation products and solutions in the system manageability domain. This includes active involvement in product architecture, product feature definition, software design, SW development and test, customer interaction, and on-going product support. Projects typically involve collaboration with internal and external development partners.
System manageability domain includes design and development of software products and solutions for managing the enterprise data center server infrastructure. At a high level, the manageability life cycle covers infrastructure provisioning and deployment, configuration and management, monitoring and alerting aspects of the data center infrastructure.
- Leads multiple project teams of software systems engineers
- Responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and external development partners on software systems design and development.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, technicians and external design partners
- Able to influence senior technical members.
- Should be a team player.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 11-15 years of experience
Required Domain Expertise: Enterprise Data Center Infrastructure Manageability in one of the following areas - Servers, Storage or Networking
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience in system manageability domain - delivering end-end management capabilities and interoperability
- Excellent proficiency in Core Java, J2EE, Restful services, Spring, Hibernate, XML, scripting, SNMP, Object oriented architecture, design methodologies & software tools, database knowledge, hands on experience on Linux or windows platforms
- Experience in designing of overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platforms into overall architecture: Linux and/or Windows experience
- Experience on Agile methodologies for software development
- Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test strategies, plans, debugging and knowledge of tools
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Good to have skills
- Postgres Db Skills
- Rabbit MQ
- Cent OS
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top