Technical Account Manager
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and HPE is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
Hewlett PackardEnterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from whereenterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredibleplace to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software,hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we helporganizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Technical Account Manager (TAM)
The primary role of the Technical Account Manager (TAM) is to deliver proactive services and to provide technical advocacy to TS Support Services Customers. TAM’s must have a strong technical aptitude for preventing problems. They are a valued technical resource to customers, peers, and all members of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Account Team.
TAM’s are typically experts in one or more of the defined HPE Technical Services (TS) Support Services Portfolio. A TAM is a partner with their Proactive Service Customers and need to have an in-depth understanding of the customer environments from both a technical and operational level or may be un-assigned (aka pooled) to support Proactive Care and Lifecycle Event Services (LES).
TAM’s have very strong verbal and written communication skills. In event of customer satisfaction issue, TAM will partner as needed with appropriate GSD resources to ensure resolution. The TAM will work closely with customers to create long lasting relationships and create customers for life.
- Strong technical acumen required
- Strong depth of knowledge across one or more key technologies of server, storage, and/or networking strongly preferred
- Intermediate level knowledge in Converged Infrastructure and Management Tools
- Position will include travel to customer sites occasionally, typically 1-3 times per year, based on the needs of the business
- This position will be located in Alpharetta, GA. No relocation assistance available
This position will be responsible for working shifts between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm, Monday through Friday, to align with customers across various US time zones.
- Being the customer’s advocate & technical focal point for the ongoing support of the IT environment
- Monitoring cases and analysis of customer systems
- Help Facilitate Meeting & Collaborate with other groups
- Collecting/analyzing data logs & generating reports
At HPE, people are ourstrategic advantage. People with the right mindset, coupled with the righttalent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining andextending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education andexperience will only take us so far. Having the “right mindset” means being:
- Adaptable — Takes in stride andconstantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
- Curious — Our key contributorsare always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and tofind better ways forward.
- Tenacious — Our business—ourindustry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bringthem to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a placewhere you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you byapplying today!
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree (in a technical field ideal) and, Strong technical acumen
- Vocational degree (technical field strongly preferred), or high school diploma, and 3 years relevant working experience
- You may also be required to go through a customer’s background check and fingerprinting for a site access badge.
- Strong understanding of technical IT support knowledge, as well as basic project management skills and communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and support partners
- Ability to perform well in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and be self-disciplined
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products ( Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- O.S. knowledge: Windows, Linux or Unix
- Virtualization experience (VMware)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with understanding:
- Hardware replacement
- Firmware upgrades
- Installing patches
- Superior verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze trends and make customer solution oriented recommendations
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
- Ability to take decisions to enhance the customer’s support experience
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience and knowledge
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Knowledge of HPE StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools
- Analytics, Trend analysis experience a plus
- Server/Networking knowledge
- Additional Operating System knowledge – HPUX, Linux, Tru64, VMware, Netware
- Previous Customer Service and Support experience
- Knowledge of Data Storage, Storage devices (Hard Drives) and Raid Levels
1) Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2) Under “Search Jobs”,enter job number – 1591708
3) Complete fullapplication process
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
About HPE Enterprise Group (EG) Technology Services
HPE Enterprise Group Technology Services is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE Enterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of EG, Technology Services provides support and consulting services for HPE’s Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, TS assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecoms, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments and software publishing.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top