Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
HPE Communication & Media Solution (CMS) inside Enterprise Group Organization is the unit in HPE dedicated to provide End-to-End solutions to the Telco customers, Content and Service Providers. In this industry companies use the leading edge of technology to generate business and serve their customers. HPE CMS follows along this track and supports from envisioning to delivery and support of high value, business critical solutions.
HPE CMS works across domains of Digital Video Services, Actionable Customer Intelligence, Network and Digital Services, Operation Support Systems to deliver agility, customer excellence, platform innovation and network leadership.
Thanks to its long-standing tradition in the country and to the relevant engagements that contributed to the creation of specific competence centers, HPE CMS Italy works in an international context and supports activities within the country and abroad, strongly powering the potential for growth of the Professionals of the Unit.
The profile we are looking for is a young enthusiast Technology Consultant keen to invest in his/her professional growth learning the implementation of new technologies in the above domains, delivered by the use and integration of HPE Hardware and Software portfolio, partners' product and consulting services.
- Is responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Understands a broad spectrum of company technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements
- Often leads small to medium technical projects. Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value. Demonstrates execution of the company strategy.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and international communities, and ensures project learning's are documented and shared.
- May lead a project team
- Participates in chosen technical community or profession, and regularly attends profession or community of interest events. Focuses on multiple customer. Contributes via assigned tasks on specific projects.
- The job is in an international context and requires the mastership of English and ideally one more language in addition to Italian.
- Experience in Telco and Digital Media industries
- The candidate shall be available to travel in Italy and abroad when required.
Education and Experience Required:
5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The person we are looking for is a passionate for technology and innovation, capable of building solid partnership with colleagues and customers to address solutions requirements and deliver high performance in the realization of customer solutions – including Development of Software and Installation and Configuration of IT and TLC systems.
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
- Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
- Strong algorithmic and programming skills. Capable of designing and programming new data analysis algorithms.
- In depth knowledge of standard algorithms such as linear regression, logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, and affinity analysis.
The following technical skills are positively valuated
- Mastership of one or more development environment (eg. Java, Python, C/C++,..),
- Proper knowledge of the most used operating systems in the market (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows, ..)
- Data scientist profile, with deep knowledge in Big Data and Analytics technologies (HDFS, NoSQL databases, Impala, Hive, Map Reduce,…), as well as in Machine Learning techniques (e.g. artificial neural networks, random forests, ensemble classifiers, SVM, boosting, k-means, etc), adopting ML programming language, such as R, Python, SCALA.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Leading edge environment and context to grow own capabilities and experiences in the most advanced industries where the technology envisioning makes the difference, for the customer and for HPE.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top