Tax expert in Amstelveen
Tax expert in Amstelveen
At the corporate Head Office in Amstelveen the position has become vacant of a Tax Expert. He/She will be part of the international (Benelux) tax team of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The Tax Expert will report to the region Tax Director and will be part of a local team with 3 tax professionals located in Amstelveen, including the VP International Tax and other direct and indirect tax professionals with EMEA and Global responsibilities. The Tax Expert will be mainly responsible for the management of corporate tax returns and tax advice with respect to the Dutch Holding structure and various other international projects. Further responsibilities will consist of supporting the quarterly US tax provision reporting. A more detailed description is provided below:
- Managing on a day to day basis various Dutch Fiscal Unities and standalone entities with respect to the Dutch Holding structure ;
- Managing (partially outsourced) Corporate income tax returns, Managing the tax reporting process with respect to audited and non-audited annual accounts and analysing and consolidating all other corporate income tax calculations in The Netherlands (current and deferred taxes);
- Providing (tax) numerical and technical support in large projects such as divestments and acquisitions and corporate restructurings;
- Ti mely, accurate and efficient preparation of tax calculations in the quarterly reporting process and related activities such as FIN 48 (uncertain tax positions analysis);
- Pr eparing and assisting on year-end audits packages and technical analysis for independent auditors.
The ideal candidate has a degree in accounting or tax with 4-7 years' experience with international corporate income tax compliance and/or tax accounting. You have strong knowledge of Corporate Income Tax Returns. Tax accounting skills and strong numerical skills are an asset. You are used to working with deadlines and have experience in working in large and complex multinational organizations. You have the ability to understand and implement complex intercompany transactions. You are a self-starter and have a hands-on mentality. You have the ambition and drive to grow into a more Tax Planning role over time therefore a University degree in Tax is an asset.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of related experience in accounting or tax.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of professional accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Advanced knowledge of the income tax laws as they relate to corporations.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of tax and accounting software desirable.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top