Systems/Software Engr VI
Systems/Software Engr VI
Aruba Wired Networking Lab brief
This requirement is for a Technical Lead(Expert) in the Aruba Wired R&D lab in Hewlett Packard Enterprise Bangalore; Aruba Networking is a key product R&D group within HPE with focus on networking products (switches/routers/access points/controllers)
Aruba Wired Networking R&D team is working on products for the campus market across the edge, aggregator and core markets and for the branch networking markets. Aruba switches offer high performance, scalability, and a wide range of features for core to edge connectivity that dramatically reduces network complexity and lowers cost of ownership.
We are looking for Technical Lead (Expert) positions to lead and drive the development of the future enterprise networking products and solutions. Experts play key hands-on roles in multi-discipline teams working on new and next generation products and solutions. This includes owning product design, product feature definition, software design, SW development and test, customer interaction, and on-going product support. Projects typically involve coordination with cross-functional internal stakeholders.
- Design new features, own end-to-end delivery of subsystems/software modules
- Leads a project team of software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions within stipulated budget/time.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners on software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Work often involves cross organizational team guidance: Hardware, Firmware, System management, Field Support, Documentation, Sales teams, Architects, other organizations, etc. to arrive at best solutions.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Strong ability to negotiate and build consensus in engineering community on technical decisions
- Leads multiple project teams of software systems engineers including review guidance and support for junior team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience
Required Domain Expertise: Enterprise networking products with expertise in L2/L3/Security Protocols & Features
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience designing and developing firmware for switches and/or network controllers.
- Strong Operating System experience – Linux, GreenHills, VxWorks etc
- Knowledge of ASIC architectures – e.g. Broadcom, etc
- Expert knowledge in C
- Extensive experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating network solutions into overall architecture and hardware design across multiple platforms
- Mastery of advanced networking concepts – L2(xSTP, VLAN, LACP, LLDP, TRILL), L3 (OSPF, BGP, Tunnels), Multicast (PIM, IGMP), IPv6, Security (RADIUS/TACACS, SSH, Access Contrl), ACL/QoS.
- Experience on both platform dependent and platform independent networking protocol work.
- Ability to internalize standards (IEEE, IETF) and convert into deliverables – design/code etc
- History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in the field of software, firmware, or network design
- Experience with Network Development Tools - Sniffer, Traffic Generators, IXIA, Spirent etc
- Strong Network troubleshooting ability encompassing: OS, Network Stack, Sniffers, switches, external network.
- Strong Network troubleshooting ability
- Experience using version control system – ex. GIT/Clearcase
- Ability to create white papers and advanced training material for solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Strongly Desired skills
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and solutions for alignment with technology roadmap and business value. Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Demonstrated history of contribution to Intellectual Property and Innovation.
- Linux Device Driver experience
- Working knowledge of Assembly code
- Experience in writing Secure Software
Experience in agile development methodology
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top