Systems/Software Engineer - New Graduate
Systems/Software Engineer - New Graduate
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Software/Systems Engineer to join our team.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
This individual will design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience
- This position is for a 2018 start date
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
- Good understanding of Golang and/or C programming skills
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
- Good software testing, coding, and debugging skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE Aruba culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top