High Level Responsibilities
- Assistin the design and construction of a world class for continuous deliveryplatform, automating the full build, test and deployment lifecycle for a rangeof applications
- Buildand support an OpenStack (HP Helion) cloud platform
- Developlibrary of configuration management recipes/playbooks to construct and deploycomponents within the solution
- Provideguidance on source code management and branching strategy best practices toengineering teams
- Buildplatform for full test automation at unit, integration and system test levels
- Performroutine Linux system administration tasks
- Applicationinfrastructure management, including load balancing, log management andmonitoring
- Collaborateand communicate software application design status, project progress, and issueresolution
- Provideguidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Leads multiple project teams of other softwareapplications engineers and internal and outsourced development partnersresponsible for all stages of design and development for complex products andplatforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, andintegration
- Manages and expands relationships with internaland outsourced development partners on software applications design anddevelopment.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overallsoftware applications leadership and perspective to cross-organizationprojects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of newtechnologies into projects and activities in the software applications designorganization.
Technology Services Support (TSs) R&D, a division of the EnterpriseGroup in HP, are now recruiting DevOps specialists to implement our ContinuousX strategy, focused on dramatically reducing the time from development todeployment. The role of the DeOps specialist is also to hide the seams betweenOperations, Application Development and delivery through the use of modernautomation, monitoring and application lifecycle tools.
Knowledge and Skills – AnyCombination Below desired
- Stronganalytical and problem solving skills.
- Strongunderstanding of software testing methodologies
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Experienceworking in Agile / Scrum environment.
- Linuxsystem administration
- Hudson/Jenkinsor equivalent
- git& subversion
- Configurationmanagement (e.g. Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt/Fabric)
- Cloudplatform management (e.g. OpenStack or Amazon)
- Codequality and static code analysis (e.g. Sonar)
- LinuxContainers (e.g. Docker, LXC)
- Logmanagement (e.g. Logstash, Fluentd, Splunk)
- ReverseProxy/Load balancer management (e.g. nginx)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’sor Master’s degree in Computer Science, Cloud Computing or equivalent.
Ideally 4-6years’ development experience
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top