The mission of the Global Supply Chain Engineering & Quality organization is to drive a zero defect culture throughout HPE Enterprise Group R&D and Supply Chain, while delivering the highest product, supplier, and factory quality with process efficiency to exceed our customers’ expectations for the life of the product.
The mission of the Early Engagement Engineering organization is to drive a defect discovery and prevention culture through the HPE Enterprise Group product development process, while delivering the highest product and factory readiness for new product launch to exceed our customers’ expectations for the life of the product. The team will all apply EG Production System fundamentals such as Speed Design Review (SDR), Production Preparation Process (3P), and Kaizen to prepare all technical aspects of products and commodities for quality manufacturing.
The Systems/Software Engineering role will have focus on External Storage products within the Early Engagement Engineering team and have responsibility for:
- Partnering with R&D teams on product SW delivery and quality,
- Partnering with Test Development teams on manufacturing test code delivery and quality,
Partnering with HP and ODM manufacturing sites to drive zero-defect SW deployment and management processes end-to-end.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types
- Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top