Systems Software Engineer Development and Operations
TechnologyServices Support (TSs) R&D, a division of the Enterprise Group in HP, are nowrecruiting DevOps specialists to implement our Continuous X strategy, focusedon dramatically reducing the time from development to deployment. The role ofthe DeOps specialist is also to hide the seams between Operations, ApplicationDevelopment and delivery through the use of modern automation, monitoring andapplication lifecycle tools.
- Assistin the design and construction of a world class for continuous deliveryplatform, automating the full build, test and deployment lifecycle for a rangeof applications
- Buildand support an OpenStack (HP Helion) cloud platform
- Developlibrary of configuration management recipes/playbooks to construct and deploycomponents within the solution
- Provideguidance on source code management and branching strategy best practices toengineering teams
- Buildplatform for full test automation at unit, integration and system test levels
- Performroutine Linux system administration tasks
- Applicationinfrastructure management, including load balancing, log management andmonitoring
- Collaborateand communicate software application design status, project progress, and issueresolution
- Provideguidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Leadsmultiple project teams of other software applications engineers and internaland outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design anddevelopment for complex products and platforms, including solution design,analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Managesand expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners onsoftware applications design and development.
- Providesdomain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership andperspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drivesinnovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities inthe software applications design organization.
Knowledge and Skills – AnyCombination Below desired
- Stronganalytical and problem solving skills.
- Strongunderstanding of software testing methodologies
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Experienceworking in Agile / Scrum environment.
- Linuxsystem administration
- Hudson/Jenkinsor equivalent
- git& subversion
- Configurationmanagement (e.g. Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt/Fabric)
- Cloudplatform management (e.g. OpenStack or Amazon)
- Codequality and static code analysis (e.g. Sonar)
- LinuxContainers (e.g. Docker, LXC)
- Logmanagement (e.g. Logstash, Fluentd, Splunk)
- ReverseProxy/Load balancer management (e.g. nginx)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’sor Master’s degree in Computer Science, Cloud Computing or equivalent.
Ideally 4-6years’ development experience
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top