Systems Software Engineer
Systems Software Engineer
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs network infrastructure to support new products and new project requirements. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top