Systems Software Engineer
Systems Software Engineer
Aruba Wired Networking Lab brief
This requirement is for developers in the Aruba Wired R&D lab in HPE Bangalore; Aruba Networking is a key product R&D group within HPE with focus on networking products (switches/routers/access points/controllers)
Aruba Wired Networking R&D team is working on products for the campus market across the edge, aggregator and core markets and for the branch networking markets. Aruba switches offer high performance, scalability, and a wide range of features for core to edge connectivity that dramatically reduces network complexity and lowers cost of ownership.
We are looking for development engineers positions to help drive the development of the future enterprise networking products and solutions. These developers play key hands-on roles in multi-discipline teams working on new and next generation products and solutions. This includes software design, SW development and test, customer interaction, and on-going product support.
- Contribute actively in all product development activities which include investigation, design, coding.
- Design and development of features in the area of L2/Bridging/L3/Routing/ IPApps/Security/Classifiers for the switch/routers.
- Design and develop switch software capabilities to enable next generation Aruba wired networking platforms
- Contribute in the end to end switch product development life cycle
- Carry out reviews of deliverables which include investigation, design & code.
Required Domain Expertise: Enterprise networking products with expertise in L2/L3/Security Protocols & Features
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience designing and developing firmware for switches and/or network controllers.
- Strong Operating System experience – Linux, GreenHills, VxWorks etc
- Expert knowledge in C
- Designing and integrating network solutions into overall architecture and hardware design across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of advanced networking concepts – L2(xSTP, VLAN, LACP, LLDP, TRILL), L3 (OSPF, BGP, Tunnels), Multicast (PIM, IGMP), IPv6, Security (RADIUS/TACACS, SSH, Access Contrl), ACL/QoS.
- Experience with Network Development Tools - Sniffer, Traffic Generators, IXIA, Spirent etc
- Strong Network troubleshooting ability encompassing: OS, Network Stack, Sniffers, switches, external network.
- Experience using version control system – ex. GIT/Clearcase
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Strongly Desired skills
- Extensive experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
- Knowledge of ASIC architectures – e.g. Broadcom, etc
- Experience on both platform dependent and platform independent networking protocol work.
- Linux Device Driver experience
- Experience in agile development methodology
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top